As anyone in the Denver residential property market knows, the last few years have been some of the most dynamic in the history of Front Range real estate. With such an active housing market here in Colorado, its no wonder that the number of real estate brokerages in Denver has expanded dramatically.
While many of the real estate brokerages in Denver have been in business for several years, the stark truth is a majority of them are out-of-state companies that have commoditized the real estate transaction process and, in turn, transfer the revenue they generate to other states and even to other countries through foreign ownership interests! Whether corporate-owned outright or a franchise, apart from the in-state operating expenses needed to keep their local offices running, profit and/or franchising fees from these brokerages leave Colorado and end up elsewhere.
Brokerage Corporate Office Location
- Berkshire Hathaway (BHHS) - Omaha, NE
- Better Homes & Gardens - Madison, NJ
- Century 21 - Madison, NJ
- Christie's - New York, NY
- Coldwell Banker - Madison, NJ
- Compass - Qatar, UAE & Japan via New York, NY
- Douglas Elliman - New York, NY
- Engel & Volkers - Hamburg, Germany
- ERA - Madison, NJ
- Exit - Ontario, Canada
- eXp - Bellingham, WA
- Fathom - Cary, NC
- HomeSmart - Scottsdale, AZ
- Keller Williams - Austin, TX
- Kentwood (Home Services) - Minneapolis, MN
- Madison & Co - Toronto, Canada
- OpenDoor - San Francisco, CA
- Perch - New York, NY
- PERRY & CO. - DENVER, CO
- RealLiving - Irvine, CA
- Realty Executives - Phoenix, AZ
- Real Estate One - Southfield, MI
- Realty ONE - Irvine, CA
- Redfin - Seattle, WA
- REX - Woodland Hills, CA
- Sothebys - Madison, NJ
- Weichert - Morris Plains, NJ
- Windermere - Seattle, WA
- Zillow - Seattle, WA
Since 1971, Perry & Co. has operated a local luxury brokerage model based on the values we've espoused for nearly 50 years. Family, Integrity, Innovation, Independence, and Luxury in all price points have been the hallmarks of our approach to taking care of our real estate client and we know it works. Our local presence helps us remain 100% committed to the Denver market, both relationally and financially.
If you're in the market to buy or sell a home in the Denver area and would like to make sure your resources stay in Colorado during and after the transaction closes, wed invite you to consider using a Perry & Co. Realtor to assist you. We would consider it an honor to assist you and assure you that all commission or proceeds from the transaction earned by Perry & Co. stay here at home and benefit our communities.
Related information: Who's Left of the Denver Independent Brokerages?
Perry & Co. is truly Denver's Last Great Independent Real Estate Company. We have remained independently and locally owned since 1971. "A Denver Tradition" indeed. What happened to the other great Denver real estate brands?
- Van Schaack - sold to Coldwell Banker in 1995
- Moore & Co. - sold to Coldwell Banker in 1998
- Devonshire - sold to Coldwell Banker in 1998
- Perry & Butler - sold to Coldwell Banker in 2001
- Fuller Towne & Country - sold to Sothebys in 2008
- Prestige - merged into ReMax Professionals in 2009
- Kentwood - sold to Berkshire Hathaway Home Services in 2016
- Trenka & Assoc - franchised to Century 21 in 2016
- Innovative - franchised to Berkshire Hathaway Home Services in 2016
- Distinctive Properties - closed date unknown
- Madison & Co. - sold to Peerage Capital Group in 2019
- Nostalgic Homes - sold to Compass in 2019
- Preferred Properties - sold to Compass in 2019